Position(s) Currently Available
Posted: Fall 2021
Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job Description: The Center for Cell Reprogramming is accepting applications for a postdoctoral fellow to perform research in the field of oncology. One of the main research focus of the center is the mechanism underlying conditional reprogramming and its application to both diagnostic and regenerative medicine.
- Postdoctoral Researcher will design, organize, and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures, in some cases, designing new protocol.
- S/he will summarize findings and publish results in research journals, assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory.
- Provide supervision and guidance to junior technicians, students, and researchers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Ph.D. in microbiology, molecular biology or other health science with 0 – 5 years of relevant experience in a research environment.
- A strong theoretical and technical background in current laboratory assays and techniques in the areas of immunology, cell biology, virology, and molecular biology.
- Be familiar with molecular cloning, western blot, cell line establishment and propagation, etc.
- S/he should have strong communication skills.
- The start date is negotiable.
To apply, please email a CV and letter of research interests to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters will be required for selected candidates.
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted: Spring 2021
Position: Research Associate/Technician
The Laboratory of Glia Biology under the supervision of Dr. Jeff Huang in the Department of Biology at Georgetown University is looking to recruit a full time Research Assistant/Technician to the dynamic research group studying the mechanism of brain/spinal cord repair in mouse models of multiple sclerosis (MS).
Start Date: Summer 2021 or later
Responsibilities: More information to follow
- At least 12 months practical experience in a research laboratory setting
- Experience with mouse pathology/injury, tissue dissections and cryosectioning desired
- Experience with mouse handling and husbandry
- Experience with molecular/cell biological methods
- Expected to work well within a team
- Expected to maintain logbooks and mouse tissue bank
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a CV detailing relevant laboratory experience. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the post has been filled. Inquiries on the position may be directed to Dr. Jeff Huang (email: email@example.com).
The Huang lab is situated in Regents Hall on the main campus in Georgetown University. For more information, please visit: http://www.huang-lab.com/
Job Type: Full-time